A. Each bottle of Dip ‘N Grow comes with directions for use on the labeling. Our 2-ounce size Dip ‘N Grow Rooting Kits also come with a comprehensive directional insert.
Here is a summary of the proper use and a recommendation for users who are switching from the powder to the liquid.
a) Always read the entire directions for use and the precautionary statements on the package or bottle of Dip ‘N Grow prior to use. Dip ‘N Grow is recommended for use on most nursery stock grown from cuttings including woody ornamentals, ground covers, deciduous hardwoods, root stock and perennials.
- For hardwood cuttings, mix 1 part Dip ‘N Grow to 5 parts water.
For medium hardwood cuttings, mix 1 part Dip ‘N Grow to 10 parts water.
- For softwood cuttings and succulents, mix 1 part Dip ‘N Grow to 20 parts water.
- Simply dip the basal end of cutting (bottom of the stem), individually or in bunches into the diluted Dip ‘N Grow for 3-5 seconds. Following dipping, place cuttings into planting medium. Keep cuttings moist and warm.
b) Since cutting propagation depends on many different factors (such as climate, contaminants, condition of cutting), it is recommended to do a trial application on a few cuttings.
- All plants respond to a range of active ingredients, so a trial application may consist of the several cuttings of the same species with different dilution ratios to see which one is the most effective for that particular plant. If in doubt of the best
concentration, less is better than more. Try a greater dilution with water.
- Because of the many factors involved, liability of any claim arising out of the use of the product is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchase price.